How to Manually Share iOS Crash Logs
When an app crashes, the system generates a report describing how the the app was terminated and what code was running at the time. These are called crash reports, or crash logs, and are indispensible when diagnosing issues and fixing bugs.
Since I always forget how to do this myself, here are step-by-step instructions for finding sharing crash logs for iOS, iPadOS and watchOS apps:
- Open the Settings app on the device
- Go to Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data
- Search for items starting with the name of the app
- Tap an item with the date of the crash
- Tap the share icon in the upper right, and select Mail to send the crash report as a mail attachment